Belt conveyor maintenance work is quite important for conveyors regular operations, SKE company as the professional bulk material belt conveyor system products suppliers in China will show you the details:
1. Daily maintenance
Check the joints of the conveyor belt for any abnormalities, such as cuts, cracks, etc., and damage caused by other reasons. Whether there is abrasion on the upper and lower layers of the conveyor belt, and whether there is abrasion on the sides of the conveyor belt. Whether the rubber scraper is severely worn and cannot be in close contact with the conveyor belt. If so, the rubber scraper should be adjusted or replaced. Keep each idler rotating flexibly and replace the idler or damaged idler in time. Prevent the deviation of the conveyor belt, keep the conveyor belt running on the center line, and ensure the groove angle.
2. Regular maintenance
Lubricate various bearings and gears regularly. Remove and clean the reducer, check the wear condition of the gear. If the wear is severe, replace the new gear.
All anchor bolts and beam coupling bolts are re-oiled and fastened. Repair or replace other worn parts or components. Repair or replace the conveyor.
3. Deviation maintenance of conveyor belt
Belt conveyors often encounter problems with deviations in the conveyor belt. There are several reasons for deviations in the conveyor belt with a roller groove angle of 30-35 °:
1) The installation center line is not straight.
2) The conveyor belt itself is not bent or straight.The belt buckle or the cut of the belt is not at right angles to the width of the belt, so that the tensile force is uneven. When running, when the joint is running, the deviation will occur. To deal with this situation, you can straighten the belt, re-gluing or re-tacking.
3) The centerline of the pulley and the centerline of the conveyor belt are not at right angles. This situation is mainly due to the incorrect installation of the rack. Although the front and rear positions of the pulley and bearings can be adjusted, the movement distance is limited. The axial center of the head pulley must be consistent with the axial center of the tail roller.
4) Where the conveyor belt runs sideways on the pulley, tighten the bearing seat on the other side to increase the tension on one side of the conveyor belt, and the conveyor belt moves to the side where the pulling force is small.
5) During installation, the axis of the idler group is not perpendicular to the centerline of the conveyor belt, which will cause the deviation. To which side of the conveyor belt is deviation, move the idlers a bit in the direction of the conveyor belt. Generally, it can be corrected by moving a few idler groups. .
6) The pulley is not leveled and caused the belt to run off. If the installation is out of order, the machine should be stopped and leveled. If the outer diameter of the pulley is not consistent, the outer circle of the pulley must be reprocessed.
7) The bonding material on the surface of the pulley makes the pulley a conical surface, which will cause the conveyor belt to deviate to one side. In particular, when the conveyed material has high humidity and the seal at the tail of the machine is not good, it is easy for the material to fall into the no-load conveyor belt and adhere to the roller, causing the conveyor belt to run off. Therefore, the cleaning device must be inspected frequently and manually cleaned.
8) The conveyor belt deviates as soon as the load is applied. This situation is generally due to the fact that the feeding point of the material is not in the center of the conveyor belt. The position or structure of the baffle at the feed inlet should be changed.
9) The height of the two sides of the frame makes the conveyor belt not in the same level, and the conveyor belt load moves to the lower side during operation, which leads to deviation. At this time, the frame must be re-soldered or the idler set plus shims must be leveled.
10) The empty deflection occurs when the conveyor belt is unloaded, and the material can be corrected. This phenomenon is generally caused by too much initial tension, which can be adjusted appropriately.